Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Felt Sushi Rolls... Christmas Gifts

             Right now I am knee-deep in grad school and I go shopping to "clear my mind" and keep me sane. With the holidays coming up it gets expensive buying toy after toy so I have decided I am going to save a little money and make some. My daughter LOVES American Girl doll stuff but come on....it costs a fortune. Luckily, my parents are building all the grandchildren a doll house to fit 18" dolls. I have been going to Goodwill (my favorite store ever) and finding amazing wooden chairs, benches, tables, beds, wagons, bathtubs, etc. to go inside the houses. Great money savor right there. Just clean up the items, add some paint if desired, and ta-da! I also found an adorable little picnic basket that is the perfect size for the dolls. I am going to make cute little foods out of felt for the basket. I have made life-size pasta, cookies, and sushi out of felt before, now I am just going to make them doll size. I will have to upload pictures once they are done. In case you are wondering, I have gone ahead and uploaded a picture tutorial of the life-size felt sushi rolls.  


No comments:

Post a Comment