Tuesday, August 26, 2014

DIY Halloween Costumes: Baby Under Construction

Halloween is such a great time to show off your creative side. I try my hardest to not buy "off the rack" costumes. I will be adding a few cute *DIY* costumes on the super cheap. All of the costumes were under $5. I got several complements on the outfits and even won a few costume contests. Can you guess the best part? The costumes were all no-sew.  That's a plus for me. My glue gun is my go-to craft item.

First costume up is my "Baby Under Construction" maternity costume. It can be difficult to find costumes for maternity. Since it is such a special time, moms-to-be often want to accentuate the fact they have a baby bump in a cute and creative way.  Here is my $2 maternity costume.  I found a construction worker pull-over vest in the toy section of the Dollar Tree and cut it up the middle to make way for the bump. Then I purchased a yellow sheet of foam board, also from the Dollar Tree. I used a permanent marker to write "CAUTION: Baby Under Construction" as well as draw a pregnant stick figure woman. Just add a few strips of caution tape around your porch and a construction cone or two (also found at the Dollar Tree) and the theme is perfectly set.

No comments:

Post a Comment